As you may remember, I sewed a boxershort for my little boy a couple of months ago. I already mentioned then that the idealist in me wanted to sew a whole collection, but that the realist in me knew it would be rather a challenge to do so.
But, not only did the idealist in me get going to sew a couple of more boxers…
I even managed to sew matching shirts, using Oons Van Katoen model.
To wear as an ensemble.
Or as a (somewhat blurry) missmatch.
Houston did have a bit of a problem with the astronaut fabric. I got a bit confused and accidentally cut the front parts upside down. Fortunately, gravity isn’t that important in outer space.
For binding I used binding fabric from the Stoffenkamer, but also some old promo t-shirts my husband got when he was doing volunteer work for Boomtown. That’s how I ended up with all kinds of colours.
Attaching the binding was a bit difficult at times. My sewing machine isn’t the biggest fan of binding. I would invest in a walking foot, but then again I’ve had so many problems with this machine already, that I think it would be better to invest in a new sewing machine first.
In the meantime, our little boy has enough self-made underwear to get him through the week days. For weekends, he’ll have to do with Hema underwear. There should remain some realist in the idealist in me after all.
As such, I’ve been able to start the new year with a finished project. And so there’s only one thing left for me to do in this blog post: wishing you all a very prosperous 2015. Happy New Year!