In case you were wondering, the name Fabulies comes from the BBC series Absolutely Fabulous, which I Absolutely Love. For now, I thought just Fabulies would be enough. But once I have the time and the skills to make and share my own fabulous designs, I may just as well need the Absolutely in there 😉
Any suggestions for further improvements are welcome, so don’t hesitate to leave me a comment.
A very merry knitmas to all of you! I know I’m a bit early, but I don’t think there will be much time left the following days to post.
I don’t know about you, but I can’t believe that the holiday season is already here. I’m hardly prepared. What with the renovations of the house and all that, we haven’t even found the time to put up our tree yet. Although, I must say, there’s also an upside to that. We have two cats running around the house, and they see it as their personal challenge to knock out as many ornaments as they can by the time we get home from work. I think there’s record-breaking involved.
So, while I wasn’t even ready for this Christmas, I’m secretly looking forward to next year’s. By then, we’ll have a larger living room with enough space to actually put a tree, and we will be able to keep it cat-free when we’re not at home. It may still take a while, but I’ll conquer in the end!
Still, to be on the safe side, I’m going to stick with soft and stuffed Christmas decorations. I’ve learned to use those a few years ago and, to be honest, I love them. They make the tree look more cudly. But, I don’t have enough of them yet. So, by next year, I want it to be a very happy crochetmas. I want to make loads of ornaments myself. I’ve seen loads of nice patterns on Ravelry already. And, if you’re looking for inspiration, there’s Crochet every day by my fellow blogster Megan. She’s listed some very pretty ones on her to do list, and it’s a good start before diving into the endless waters of Ravelry.
Anyhow, I think I’d better set myself a reminder to get started somewhere in August, haha. But, until then, enjoy your presents, enjoy your family and – the most important one by far – enjoy all the desserts! Merry Christmas!
Megan the megababe, my fellow blogger and crocheter from Crochet Everyday has awarded me with the Versatile blogger award. I was really pleased with it, so thank you very much Megan! Check out her blog to, she’s posting crochet patterns every day.
Now, what do you need to do when you receive this award?
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic.
- Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award.
So, seven things about me
- The one thing controlling my life at this moment is that my husband and I just bought a house. We won’t be able to move into it right away, since there’s still a lot of work to be done. Right now, we’re at the stage where we can start planning what we want to do, but cannot work in it yet. The previous owner, an elderly lady, is still living there. She will be moving to an appartment somewhere in August. In the meantime, we keep planning. But the most important thing I already have: a personalized hard hat. A present from my dad. Just to make sure that everyone knows who’s in charge 😉
- I am terribly clumsy. I do hope that won’t interfere with all the work that needs to be done in the house. I always knock things over. For instance: a couple of weeks ago, I was at a wedding. Early in the evening, I had already managed to stain my dress. Fortunately, somebody (who must have known I was going to be there) had an emergency moist tissue for situations like these. One of my friends started helping me to get the stain out. While doing so, I knocked over a glass of champagne, all over his shirt. No need to say that more emergency tissues were necessary…
- I can be very lazy. In fact, it’s probably the reason why I knit and crochet: I can sit on the couch and watch telly while doing so.
- I am always full of plans. I always want to do and learn loads of stuff, but I never know where to start. So I end up doing nothing. Right now, I would like to learn more about photography, html and web content, pattern design, drawing fashion figures… I’d like to go running more, cycle more, blog more, read more. Knit, crochet and sew more. And then, in the end, I do less. Maybe I should take up time management first 😉
- My name is pronounced as Lise, so not like the lies people tell. I know, it looks strange in English. I always wondered whether my mom had some kind of secret agenda. I mean, she named me Lies, and my brother Rob. And she is an English teacher…
- I’ve studied Russian. I’ve lived in Kursk for three months, attending college there. Unfortunately, I’ve already forgotten a lot about it, and I’m not able to speak it that well anymore. I should add it to my never-ending to-do list: freshen up my Russian.
- I like to sing along with all the songs that I like as loud as I can. Even when I don’t know the words. I just blame the performers then, saying that they are the ones who mixed up the words. I do have Singstar at home, but friends and neighbours already know that it’s best not to play that with me. Since I’m not exactly what you call a singer…
Pass the award
I’m going to follow Megan’s good example here. If I list you here for the award, don’t feel obliged to go along with it. I know now that it’s not easy to find seven things to say about yourself 😉 I’m not going to post 15 blogs either. I’m going to opt for seven, I like symmetry.
But here are just a few blogs that are in my reading list, and whom I love reading, every single one of them. I hope you enjoy them as well.
- Jovanka’s International café: my American neighbour and comedian Jovanka Steele reflects her view on life in her own way.
- Full of fluff: a blog I came across while surfing the net during a dull moment and inspired me so that I got my crochet hook out again.
- Little people: A cool and original street art blog with very nice pictures.
- Crochet spot: a nice blog with loads of patterns.
- Cute overload: silly pictures of all kinds of animals, good to make you smile no matter what your mood is.
- Laughing squid: All kinds of funny and interesting things.
- Roman sock: even more crochet with lots of amigurumi.
Zo, dit is het dan. Gewoon even snel een eerste post schrijven. Waarom? Omdat ik nu eenmaal graag brei, haak en naai, en ik die liefde met de wereld wil delen. Maar je bent natuurlijk ook welkom als dat niet je voornaamste hobby is. Blijf kijken, dan post ik binnenkort iets over mijn projectjes.